Friday, July 20, 2012

Big News and Notes


Not even 24 hours after what I believe was one of the biggest days yet in the project, things got even bigger!  I was surprised by a tweet from ESPN personality, Mark Simon, that he included my project at the end of his and Eric Karabell's nationally broadcast sports radio show "Baseball Today".  Although it was just a couple minutes at the end, I felt that I was on top of the world when I heard it.  It means so much to me that people from ESPN would even consider talking about this project.  Click here if you would like to take a listen to the recording.  If you want to skip to the part about the project, start around the 47:30 mark and you will hear it shortly there after. 

It doesn't end there either.  I had a man call me out of the blue and offer up $100 as a donation to the project.  It is the first of hopefully many donations to come.  I will use that money to cover transportation costs for the child and family or for any other costs the family may have.  You can make a donation on the right side of the page if you would like to do so!

Last, but certainly not least, my fraternity brother from college gave me a call and said that his news station, WAND Decatur, was going to be coming out and doing a story with me about the project sometime in the next week.  So in the next week or so this project will be published again in print, I will appear live on radio, and there will be a story on television.  This couldn't get much better and I can't wait for the next trade!  As always shoot me an email at againsttheodds2012@gmail.com if you have any ideas or would like to trade!  Thanks so much for all of the support and please follow along for all update on twitter @TwoBlueDice.

No comments:

Post a Comment